Below are list of steps i had done to make NWDS run at my windows 2008 server PI AEX:
1. Install JAVA JDK with 32-bits version. I used version “jdk1.6.0_45”. Only 32-bits JAVA version supported.
2. Install SAP NWDS.
3. Copy all content from “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_45” to folder “<NWDS>/jre”
4. Go to menu NWDS PI tools configuration, Connections. Enter SID at system alias and URL with “http://<host>:<port>”. Test Connection should return below message.
5. Go to menu NWDS Development Infrastructure, SLD. Enter “http://<host>:<port>” and Ping should return below result.
6. Go to menu NWDS Web Servies, ESR. Enter SID, hostname, ports example below required info.
7. Go to menu NWDS Customize perspective..
8. Ensure Process Integration related tick were selected “Command Groups Availability”
9. Open perspective:
10. At tab ESR, click “Connect to ESR” button, then enter UserID and Password. If connected, “Offline” will show list of objects of ESR.
11. At tab PI Explorer, click menu “Process Integration, Connect”, then enter UserID and Password. If connected, “Offline” will show list of objects of ID.
Keep on learning!